Due to COVID-19 we are not currently taking applications for 2021. Look for more information in early 2021. The application is posted here as a reference for those interested in applying in the future.
The Artist-in-Residence program provides funds for professional artists to create work based on research at the Lloyd Library & Museum. On-site use of the Library’s collections is required. Residency awards are given in one-month increments ranging from one to three months.
Library collections include but are not limited to:
- Medicinal botany
- Natural history
- Early travel and exploration
- History of science, medicine, or pharmacy
Stipend: Selected applicants from the local region will receive a $1,750 monthly stipend. Selected applicants from outside the region will receive a $2,500 monthly stipend.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Art or equivalent experience.
- Conduct research related work at the Library at least 20 hours per week during residency.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or lawful permanent residents of the United States.
- Work must be completed within the period from January 2021 to December 2021.
- Project deliverable(s) include: exhibition, artwork, website or video.
- Public lecture or other presentation based on work created and the research process.
- Acknowledgement of the Residency and the Lloyd Library in print publication or media resulting from this work.
- Provide the Lloyd Library with a complimentary copy of publications that result from this work.
Applications require current curriculum vitae, samples of artwork and two letters of recommendation.