Applications for 2020 are closed.
The Curtis Gates Lloyd Fellowship provides funds for research at the Lloyd Library & Museum. On-site use of the Library's collections is required. Fellowships are given in one-month increments ranging from one to three months.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Medicinal botany
- Natural history
- Early travel and exploration
- History of science, medicine, or pharmacy
Fellowship stipend: Selected applicants from the local region will receive a $1,750 monthly stipend.
Selected applicants from outside the region will receive a $2,500 monthly stipend.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- Conduct research related work at the Library at least 20 hours per week during their fellowship.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or lawful permanent residents of the United States.
- Fellowship must be completed within the period from January 2020 to December 2020.
- Project deliverable(s) include: paper, publication, exhibition, website or video.
- Public lecture or other presentation on the topic of research.
- Acknowledgement of the Fellowship and the Lloyd Library in print publication or media resulting from this work.
- Provide a complimentary copy of publications that result from this work.
Applications require current curriculum vitae and two letters of recommendation.
Application deadline is November 1, 2019.