The Curtis Gates Lloyd Fellowship provides funds for research at the Lloyd Library & Museum for one to three months. Research projects funded by the fellowship require on-site use of the Library’s collections.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Medicinal botany
- Natural history
- Early travel and exploration
- History of science, medicine, or pharmacy
Fellowship stipend: Successful applicants from the local region will receive a $1,750 monthly stipend.
Successful applicants from outside the region will receive a $2,500 monthly stipend. Any expenses
incurred beyond the amount of the fellowship are the responsibility of the Fellow.
- Successful candidates will hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a field
relevant to the work they want to pursue for their fellowship. Advanced degree preferred.
- Fellowship to be completed in one month increments, from one to three months. Desired
fellowship period must be specified in application.
- Fellows are expected to work at the Library at least 16 hours per week for the
duration of their fellowship.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or lawful permanent residents of the United States.
- Fellowship must be completed within the period from January 2019 to December 2019.
- Project deliverable(s), for example: Paper, publication, exhibition, website, video.
- Public lecture, or other presentation with the approval of the Fellowship Committee, on the
topic of research.
- Acknowledgement of the Fellowship and the Lloyd Library in print publication or other
- Fellows must supply a copy of any publications that result from this work for the Library’s archival records.
Applications require current Curriculum Vitae and two letters of recommendation.
Application deadline November 1, 2018