|Contact Information|| |
|Press Kit|| |
Logo - click for high_res image
About the Library (for a complete history, click here):
The Library began as the research library of Lloyd Brother's, Pharmacists, Inc., in 1885. It became a separate stand-alone entity in 1898, when Curtis Gates Lloyd, the youngest of the three Lloyd Brothers, separated the Library off from the pharmaceutical company and incorporated it with the state of Ohio. The library holds nearly 250,000 volumes on botany, pharmacy, chemistry, herbal and alternative medicine, horticulture, and more. Collections are freely available to the interested public.
The current building at 917 Plum Street (on the corner of Court and Plum Streets and just a block from City Hall) is the 4th building that the Library has occupied. It serves as a research library as well as museum and exhibition space, providing an intimate art gallery space, on-going permanent exhibitions on the Lloyds andthe history of pharmaceutical chemistry, as well as rotating rare books exhibitions, generally 3-4 per year, on a variety of intriguing topics, such as alchemy, magic mushrooms, North American exploration, the Civil War, alternative medicine, fun foods and hidden collections. Click here to see our current and upcoming exhibition schedule.
|Press Releases||Click here for our Press Release Archives|
|Prior Coverage|| |